The Cheadle College
These workshops are for learners with no previous knowledge of Flower arranging. We will cover basic techniques of conditioning plant material, elements and principles of design and basic shapes to create a stunning work each week.
What skills do I need? No skills are required.
How will I learn? Teaching will be by demonstrations and visual displays.
Will there be coursework? No the course is all practical.
How much practical work is there? There will be a hands-on practical approach to teaching, with individual support and advice where appropriate.
Who takes it? The course is available to adult students who enjoy the subject and want to develop their skills.
This is an enjoyable course for all ages and abilities.
What can I do with it? By the end of the course students will have an understanding of flower arranging, the care and use of fresh flowers for various designs and the suitability of an assortment of containers, Warp and mechanics.
When will the course be held? Workshops will be held on the following dates:
- Mondays 7pm – 9pm from 18th September for 5 weeks
- Mondays 7pm – 9pm from 6th November for 5 weeks
- Mondays 7pm – 9pm from 15th January for 5 weeks
- Mondays 7pm – 9pm from 24th April for 5 weeks
- Wedding Workshop
- Tuesday 9:30am –11.30pm 19th September
- Tuesday 9:30am –11.30pm 7th November
First lesson of 5 week Wedding Workshop
Please bring 24 roses 1/2 metre 2.5 cm wide satin ribbon to match roses
First Lesson of 5 week block
Please bring a selection of foliage with a variety of textures if possible. You will require about 20 pieces. Some examples are given below but bring anything you think will look attractive:
- 7 carnations, roses or any single head flowers
- 1 stem spray chrysanthemum
- Square/round Oasis dish
- Half a block of floral foam
Each week you will be advised what you will need for the following week
Plus the following items:
- Plenty of excitement!
- Notebook and pen
- Scissors or secateurs and knife
- Apron and cloth
Any other useful information?
Materials are not provided by the college or the tutor (except for one day workshops).
A number of one day workshops will run throughout the year:
- Flower Arranging Valentine’s Workshop
- Flower Arranging Mothers day Workshop
- Flower Arranging Easter Workshop
Your fee includes all flowers and other items required to make a floral display which you will take home.