Counselling Concepts – Level 2 Award (ABC Awards)
The Cheadle College
The Cheadle College counselling courses lead to professional qualifications. These courses can help you get started on a pathway to a career in counselling or improve your opportunities in a wide range of other professions.
Counselling Concepts – Level 2 Award
For those learners interested in exploring what counselling training entails, this qualification offers a practical introduction. Learners will develop communication skills and gain important industry insight to help make informed career decisions. Learners will complete this qualification with a comprehensive and full understanding of the following:
- Therapeutic models of counselling, ethical frameworks and helping relationships
- Effective communication skills
- How to reflect on personal development and identify areas for future development
When does it run? Autumn term, Thursdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
How will I learn? You will learn by way of lectures, assessed assignments, group work exercises and group discussions.
What skills do I need? No formal qualifications required, however participation in group work exercises and discussions is essential to pass this qualification.
How much are the fees ? Course fees are £210. This includes accreditation fees with ABC Awards. If you are unemployed and/or on certain benefits your fees may be waived. If you think this may apply to you please ask for further details.
Any other useful information? Learners who complete this qualification may be able to progress through the following qualifications *
- ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
* Or similar qualifications with other awarding bodies.
However, for those who do not intend to continue their studies further in the field of counselling, the course can be a valuable introduction to communication skills transferable into a range of career and educational opportunities.
For further information or to enrol on this course please contact Admissions on 0161 486 4602